Top 40 Projects
Health care, education, and military projects dominate the Top Projects list, an annual feature highlighting projects that broke ground in the previous year.
The 40 projects listed in Texas Construction’s annual Top Projects ranking represent nearly $6 billion in construction costs. The public/private projects listed on the following pages are verified to have broken ground in 2008. Some owners prefer to keep project information confidential, particularly during difficult economic times. This list omits such projects for which we received information but cost was not disclosed.
Every effort was made to obtain accurate and complete project information.
The list boasts 10 projects worth $100 million or more. This year, the No. 1 project by revenue is the $560-million San Antonio Military Medical Center at Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio. A Joint venture of Clark/Hunt leads the team toward a July 2010 completion on the massive project, which aims for a LEED-silver level of certification by the U.S. Green Building Council.
This year we have included one project in Oklahoma as Texas Construction begins to cover people, projects and firms in that state. The University of Oklahoma Cancer Center in Oklahoma City ranked No. 18 overall. The Tulsa office of Manhattan Construction Co. is building the seven-story facility, designed by The Benham Cos. Inc. of Oklahoma City.
The top highway starts will be featured in our July issue stay tuned.
1. San Antonio Military Medical Center
2. Texas Children’s Hospital Maternity Center
3. Medical Education Training Campus Dormitories #1, 2 & 3
4. Texas Children’s Hospital Neurological Research Institute
6. Block 21/W Austin
7. Southeast Water Plant
8. Texas Children’s West Campus
9. Fort Sam Houston Medical Education Training Campus
10. Clear Creek ISD Educational Village
11. New Burleson High School #2
12. Combat Aviation Brigade Hangars, Task Order #1 and #2
13. U.S. Army Infantry Brigade Combat Team
14. University of Texas-Arlington Engineering Research Complex
15. Texas A&M Health Science Center Campus Phase I
16. Vandegrift High School
17. George Ranch High School, Antoinette Reading Junior High
18. University of Oklahoma Cancer Institute
19. New Judson High School
20. Timber Creek High School
21. Grand Prairie Public Safety Building and Activity Center
22. Cedar Ridge High School
23. New Angleton High School and District Stadium
24. Center for Targeted Therapy
25. Fort Bend County Jail Expansion
26. Legacy at Memorial
27. Dripping Springs High School
28. Cedar Creek High School
29. Veterans Memorial High School
30. Porter High School
31. Terminal C Ticketing, Baggage Claim and ITT Level Remodel
32. Jersey Village High School Additions & Renovations
33. Texas A&M Health Science Center at Round Rock
34. Presbyterian Hospital of Flower Mound
35. The Woman’s Hospital of Texas
36. Richland High School
37. Calaveras Site Railroad Siding and Entrance Road Project
38. Waco Dissolved Air Flotation Facilities
39. Three Eldridge Place
40. Renovation of The Cotton Bowl